We will show you a recipe that you can prepare with our new Raspberry Fruit Purée. Raspberry Blonde Ale Recipe
(five-gallon recipe, partial purée)
3.3 lbs. wheat liquid malt extract
2 lbs. light dry malt extract
1 lb. American two-row malt (milled)
.5 lb. flaked oats
1 oz. Saaz hops at 60
1 oz. Saaz hops at 30
1 packet Safale US-05: American Ale Yeast
2.5 lbs. Our Raspberry Fruit Purée
- Steep the two-row malt and flaked oats in 1 gallon of clean, chlorine-free water at 148˚F. After 30 minutes, strain the wort into a five-gallon brew pot.
- Add enough water, along with the malt extracts, to make a three-gallon boil. Boil wort for 60 minutes, adding hops according to the schedule above.
- At the end of the boil, cool wort in an ice bath and/or with an immersion wort chiller.
- Pour about two gallons of distilled water into a clean, sanitized fermenter. Add the wort to the fermenter, plus enough distilled water to make 5.5 gallons. Stir well to aerate, pitch yeast, and ferment at 68˚F for about 7 days.
- After primary fermentation, prepare the Raspberry Fruit Purée and add it to the secondary fermenter. Rack the beer on top of the raspberries, then wait 2-3 weeks.
- Rack the beer one more time before bottling or kegging to separate it from the fruit…and enjoy!